Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Talking Television

"The Talking Television" was inspired by "http://www.angelfire.com/80s/sixmhz/tvscope.html.".
If you have an old television, it can be converted into an oscilloscope!. I decided that instead of having waves of lines, I wanted lines that were free and random. The dangerous thing about this, is a television has enough electricity to kill you. The voltage is dangerously BIG (tinker at your own risk). I learned my lesson, I blew out an itouch experimenting. I still consider the project a huge success because the visuals change by pitch and intensity, and the patterns are always new. There is a 1/4 inch out on the side of the T.V so you can plug all kinds of electronics (guitar amps, record players, other T.V's, etc...)






2 comments:

  1. wow!

    it looks very nice :)

    after many basic "tv to scope" projects i've seen around the web, this one seems to add quite a few original features.

    ReplyDelete